Each day I knew from my Honors program in high school that writing in a personal and private diary helps you in many ways:
1. Cope with problems you might be facing in your life.
2. You become a better writer by writing everyday.
3. Writing is essential to self discovery and self empowerment.
4. Spend time outdoors everyday-in the sunshine because it connects you with nature- and is great for your mind body and spirit. It will possibly even connect you to your neighbors and is plain good for you.
5. AVOID USING YOUR CELL PHONE AT THIS TIME. PLAY MUSIC ON SPOTIFY, IHEART, PANDORA OR YOUTUBE RED, IF YOU LIKE, THEN TURN YOUR ATTENTION TO YOURSELF -not your phone- AND YOUR THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS towards GOD OR YOUR HIGHER POWER.
THIS TIME WILL BECOME SACRED AND PRECIOUS.
If you thought you didn’t have friends before, you will start building new bonds with others who are like minded.
Build a relationship with yourself and, if you have to, set a timer for at least 30 minutes minimum, an hour would be better. If you have family, talk to them and let them know that this time it’s just for you; it will start setting healthy boundaries. Love your partner enough to encourage him or her to take out time daily for this private time too.
Time away each day from one another will help you gain strength and appreciation for when you’re together as well.
I’m wrapping this up today because I’m getting together with a new sweet lady friend that I met, and we’re going to lunch today later on.
Have a blessed day. The birds are chirping their Morning Serenade, so I want to be mindful and just LISTEN.
Photography and Digital Graphic Arts by Paulette L. Motzko.
Text Written by Paulette L. Motzko.
April 25th 2017 at 9:18 a.m.