I want to simply say a whopping Thank You to all my many readers all over the world on Totally Inspired Mind: Where Positive Minds Congregate. I was laying down and writing on my Android MyTouch phone, and since I wasn’t quite tired, I simply turned the light on and got on my laptop. In the still and quiet of the night I have no interruptions and when it is quiet I can hear my soul speak. You can quote me on that.
When I accepted The Inventive Blogger Award, I told 15 interesting facts about myself, and some were tragic. The point I wanted to make here, in the 10 things I will tell about myself, is I am not a tragic person. Those things don’t define me. I don’t let them define me.
1. I love going to the beach and walking on the pier, any pier at all from Huntington Beach to Newport Beach, Seal Beach and its quaint, neighborhood-like feel or Corona Del Mar. 2. I love main streets anywhere….there is so much history there and you can learn so much about the town you are in there.
3. I see the potential in everyone I meet and the possibilities in every situation. That is just me. It is who I am.
4. I do my best on everything I set out to do. Basketball is the only sport I really like and enjoy, mainly because the guys aren’t killing each other! 😉 I picture myself throwing a basketball in a hoop that is over the heavens and making it in. Even if I get slightly under the hoop, it will still be damn good!
5. I love kids and mentoring people to do what I have already done and succeeded at. It gives me joy, strength from within to know I can help show someone how to do something they will never forget that will impact their life in a great way.
6. Starbucks, Peet’s Coffee & Tea, The Corner Bakery Cafe, and The Chocolate Iguana in Tucson, AZ are some of my favorite places for who I meet there.
7. A motto of mine is simply this: Do what works and do it over and over again. Also, avoid what doesn’t work and learn from your mistakes. If you master those rules, you will win at anything you do. I think Einstein said that it was insane to repeat the same thing over and over again even if you knew it didn’t work. (That is what I think when I see people smoking, only because you are paying to slowly die or at best have lung problems when you get older.)
8. I love old movies before they really got naked in movies and only things were implied.
9. I want a 50’s style coaster bike so I can go riding down by the beach. My Nanny had a great saying that has now become mine. “Use it or lose it!” She meant in regards to her legs that had arthritis in them, but she walked with me many miles at a time, and coughed from time to time with asthma. She was an awesome lady who helped raised me with an iron clad will. I thank her for imparting the courageous spirit she helped build in me.
10. I want to go to Rome Italy and Palermo one day, but I want to know conversational Italian before I do.